Though Pomskies look attractive and strong dogs, here you will find more about them in detail:
The newest breed “Pomsky” has got the height trait mostly from the Pomeranians. They are medium-sized dogs and show a smaller height. The sizes of both of their parents and them are mentioned below:
Pomeranian: The Pomeranians are short-sized dogs that don’t grow usually more than 7 to 12 inches tall.
Siberian husky: Siberian Huskies are medium-sized dogs and relatively smaller than Germans. They stand approx. in between 20-23 inches.
Pomsky: the resulting breed from the husky and Pomeranian size usually stands in between 10-15 inches.
The weight of the most energetic, intelligent, and playful Pomskies also varies in size according to the ages. This trait is also taken by pomsky puppies from the Pomeranian. The weights are described as under:
Pomeranian: As Pomeranians are short-sized dogs they weigh lesser and come in between 12-14 pounds.
Siberian Huskies: Siberian Huskies are slightly less-weighted as compared to Shepherds and standouts among 35-60 pounds.
Pomsky: The pomskies resemble their parent “Pomeranian” in weights (less-weighted) and stands out in between 20-30 pounds.
Pomsky full-grown are seen as medium-sized dogs who are very loyal, playful, smart, and intelligent ones. With a wide variety of coat colors to their attractive eye colors, add more to their beauty. The detailed appearance of pomsky adult dogs’ appearance is described under:
• Coat: The coat is one of the most important characters that contribute a lot towards the beauty of them. Usually, a pomsky dog breed is seen in seven different coat colors. The coats are dense and dual-layered that provides unmatched protection to the innocent pomskies. The coats are usually seen in two color combinations and the colors can be: fawn, cream, white, grey, brown, black, and pied.
• Eyes: Eyes are the most attractive part of the pomsky’s breed and usually there are four possibilities of eye colors. The rounded eye colors include blue, brown, hazel, and amber, which contribute a lot in making them adorable.
• Body: The pomsky full grown dogs have a muscular body with bulky thighs and strong legs. They require a good amount of portion for their proper body development. Their tails are also curl-shaped and muscular.
• Nose and ears: There are mainly two nose colors of black and brown are seen in these cute pomskies with hairy, pointy ears.
Like all other breeds, pomskies are also in danger of various health problems. They can also have many eye problems, joints dislocations, skin diseases, and heart issues. The following are the main health issues that arise in these labradoodle mini dogs:
• Epilepsy: Epilepsy is a dangerous neurological disease that symptoms refer to seizures (generalized or partial), loss of consciousness, or certain abnormal activities. It is a serious neurological problem that can also be treated through anticonvulsant drugs.
• Hip dysplasia: when the ball and socket joints get dislocated due to problems of cartilages, there arises hip dysplasia. It gives the dogs difficulty in jumping, running, or normal walking.
• Heart Diseases: There are also various heart diseases found in pomskies that must be cured earlier to avoid harmful effects.
• Luxating Patella: When the knee cap (patella) dislocates from its position, it gives rise to the disorder of “luxating patella”. Dogs meeting with the disorder feel an inability to move and walk.
• Eye diseases: Eye diseases are also very common in this breed. The most common eye diseases found in full-grown pomsky are cataracts and Progressive Retinal Atrophy.
The Pomskies are also healthier dogs but some diseases getting affect them as they start growing old. This hybrid has also some dental and skin problems that can make their life difficult. With proper care, you can help them lead a healthy life.
5. Life span:
The common life period observed in these pocket Pitbulls is about 12 – 15 years. The life span is showing their fortunate part of having enough time to spend with their masters, family, and companions. So, you will never regret deciding on bringing a pomsky puppy to your home as they can prove them as the smartest, intelligent, and playful companions.
Depending on pomsky’s parents’ pedigree, their price range varies a lot. You may find a pomsky puppy within the range of 1000 dollars but it is also possible that you are finding them within 5000 dollars. So, to choose a healthy partner and cute companion you will have to pay more!